Ladies, let’s learn some KITCHEN TIPS, our kitchen is where food preparation and cooking takes place. And we all know the popular saying that the way to a man’s heart is his stomach. Come to think of it, who does not like well cooked food in a hygienic kitchen. In modern homes, kitchens are usually equipped with refrigerator, sink, gas cooker or stove , dishwasher, center table, microwaves, cabinets for storage etc. Despite having all the modern kitchen equipment, sometimes women still make mistakes in cooking due to tiredness or excessive stress. In other cases, some women are lazy at cooking or are extremely poor in the art of cooking . SO, I came across these tips, 24 in number that can help every woman achieve a great deal of success and reduce the stress or pressure that might come with attending to kitchen duties:
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.
2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.
3. Never put citrus fruits(Oranges,Lemons, limes, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these fruits.(That’s why our tomatoes don’t last in the fridge).
4. To clean iron cook-ware, don’t use detergents. Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper towel.
5. When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky.
6. If you are making (stew) and accidentally burn it, just pour it into a clean pan and continue cooking it. Add sugar a little at a time, tasting as you go to avoid ‘over-sugaring’it. The sugar will cancel out the burned taste.
7. Burned a pot of rice? Just place a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to draw out the burned flavour. Be careful not to scrape the burned pieces off of the bottom of the pan when serving the rice.
8. Before you chop fresh red peppers, rub a little vegetable oil into your hands and your skin won’t absorb the spiciness.
9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about four inches of water. Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
10. To banish ants from the kitchen, find out where they are coming in and cover the hole with petroleum jelly(Vaseline). Ants won’t trek through the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk. The little bugs also won’t cross a line of chalk.
11. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly.Separating them will keep them fresh longer.
12. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag,put an apple in with them.
13. If you manage to have some leftover winecocktail drinks at the end of the evening, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy addition to sauces(white wine works wonders in sauces, I don’t joke with them) in the future.
14. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love.
15. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderize
the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw
quicker. Note: every woman should have vinegar in her kitchen.
16. Do you cry while peeling off onions, then try this. After peeling off your onions, refrigerate the
onions for at least 5 minutes, then dice it. You will be glad you did.
17. For aluminium pans that are looking dull, just boil some apple peels in them. This will brighten
up the aluminum and make your house smell yummy.
18. If your salt is becoming lumpy, put a few grains of rice in with it to absorb excess moisture.
19. Always keep an aloe vera plant in your kitchen. It’s invaluable when you scrape your arm
or burn your finger. Just break off a leaf and rub the gel from the inside on the injury.
20. When making a soup, sauce, that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop in an ice cube. The ice will
attract the fat, which you can then scoop out.This works wonders!
21. To reuse cooking oil without tasting whatever was cooked in the oil previously, cook a 1/4″
piece of ginger in the oil. It will remove any remaining flavors and odors.
22. If your milk always goes bad before you can finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton
when you first open it. It will stay fresh days longer.
23. If two drinking glasses become stuck together after stacking, it’s not impossible to unstick
them. Just put ice in the inner glass and dunk the outer glass in warm water. The warm glass will
expand and the cold glass will contract, making the glasses separate easily.
24. For splinters under the fingernail, soaking the affected finger in a bowl of milk with a piece of
bread in it, it will help.
I am off to try some of these tricks. You should also try them.