For those of us that live in the City, we are mega busy, always up and about our activities. We wake up in the morning squeeze some time to pray and off we go. Night time we are home again, moving about, setting the pace for the next day, we fall dead tired on our beds after a noisy and bubbling day and next day begins anew with the same routine or a slightly different routine but with the same rhythm. We sometimes prepare for work or our businesses in a hurry, we eat in a hurry, we shit in a hurry, we make love in a hurry, we spend time with our kids in a hurry, we read in a hurry, we are always in a hurry or itching to do things quickly because the world is fast paced. But here is why we all need a moment to catch our breath, even if we are the President/CEO/MD of a country, an organisation or a company respectively.
- Perspective: When we take moment to breath, it gives us perspective. We look at life from a different perspective and what we think we couldn’t live without becomes less important. And we find more effective way of carrying out our activities.
- Peace: Imagine leaving all your worries behind and just relaxing, it gives us peace when we take a moment to breath.
- Purpose: When we take a moment to breath, we remind ourselves of our purpose in life.
- Strength: Taking a moment to breath gives us strength to continue. We get renewed, that’s why every country got a national holiday and that’s why everybody needs a vacation.
- Retreat: A moment to breath is like a retreat from all our activities, we evaluate and re-evaluate ourselves , assess our strengths and weaknesses and we find a better way of doing things.
So, if you are one of those people who believe in working all the time and if you are proudly a workaholic, know that you need a moment to catch your breath. If you are not convinced, answer this question: Do petrol in cars get exhausted? Do cars not get serviced? Yea!
So take a moment and catch you breath before you continue with your busy lifestyle.