Most times we always wish to be born into the best family, marry into the best family or be adopted into the best family. We often times forget that there are is no perfect family, what we have is perfect attitudes and behaviours or the ability to deal with a situation. If we ever find ourselves in a cantankerous family or in a judgmental family or snobbish family, we shouldn’t feel bad. Because here are 5 ways to disassociate ourselves from family drama and have some peace in our lives.
- Always mind your business, don’t invite the drama into your life. This does not mean you don’t care for your family members. It means you do not unnecessarily poke your nose into everyone’s business. Sometimes poking our noses causes us a lot of loss, stress and pain. It could be financial loss, it could be emotional pain, you name it.
- Respect the decisions of everyone. When family members make a decision, it will do us well to respect it even when we think it is not the right decision for the person. Meddling with the decision of our family members take us right into the middle of family drama especially when we make matters worse by meddling. Just state your opinion on why such decision wouldn’t work and leave it at that.
- If you have had a previous quarrel or misunderstanding with family members, it is always good to let go. Garner the wisdom and maturity to let go of that past. Never bring up the past in conversations or discussions, it only reopens the wound and catapult you right into the middle of family drama.
- Never cover up a wrong of a family member in the presence of other family members. You are only opening yourself up for more family drama. It is always good to feign unawareness of such wrong or actions or stay away from such discussions.
- If there are series of family drama which you are not a party to and even if you are a party to it, don’t worry about it. There will always be family drama, dislike, disloyalty, manipulations, trust, confidence, loyalty and love in all families and family always work their way through it. After all, what are families for? If not for the drama and the pleasure.