We are very excited when going on a first date, and tend to do five unnecessary things that send wrong messages to your date. For some people it happens unconsciously, while others do it intentionally. Whichever your cause of action is, you shouldn’t do these five things:
- Don’t Stare At Your Date: This is an act most people are guilty of. You shouldn’t be overwhelmed by your date’s appearance, and start imagining how he/she would be without clothes, or how perfect you guys would be as a couple.
- Don’t Expect Too Much: We often get deceived by movies about dates. Movies depict dates as a very romantic meeting which ends up in the bedroom in most cases. However, the case is completely opposite in real life, because of the differences in personalities. Some people have a very boring personality, while others are lively. When you expect too much and get little, you wear a sad face on a date, by appreciating nothing.
- Don’t Talk Too Much: Oh yes, it is true that conservation makes a date worth the while, but too much of it leads to a lonely road of misconception. When you talk too much on your first date, you would have little to say on the next date, making it boring. In addition, you would make it more of a lecture than a conversation, by becoming the speaker and he/she the listener.
- Don’t eat or Drink Too Much: No matter how comfortable the date with your partner becomes, don’t be tempted to eat or drink too much. For this can lead you to a drunken state, or an overfed stomach, causing discomfort during your date.
- Don’t pretend or Lie: Sometimes we strive so hard to be loved by becoming what people want us to be, and not what we are. Don’t lie or hide your true character on your first date, just be yourself and act natural. That way, you will be cool, calm and collected in your own ways.
WRITTEN BY: LAWRENCE MICHEALS