Guys and ladies out there, everyone is worth a second chance and that’s why we must have a forgiving heart to build a strong and sustainable relationship. We are all prone to mistakes because we are human, but our actions after the mistakes have been made matters a lot. Do we sit down and cry all day or subject ourselves to self-pity rather than fight for that love we lost? The scars and stitches shall always be there we cannot wish it away but we can sure move on. Now here are 5 ways to mend a broken relationship.
- Be repentant. Repent from that mistake you made, be it cheating or lying or violence or something else. Just repent.
- Make efforts to rekindle the love, don’t just sit there and whine that he or she does not want to see you. Do something about it.
- Be persistent in asking for forgiveness, don’t be tired, you are heading for a goal and make sure you get it.
- Be patient, take every abuse, insult and bad attitude he or she throws at you, remember you brought it upon yourself by hurting them and they are just venting their hurt, pain and frustration.
- Seek professional help, when all else fails. Ask a marriage counsellor, your marriage sponsor or your spiritual director or someone who wouldn’t make it worse to help you mend the relationship, but surely not your family members or friends or acquaintances. Their intervention will never yield a good result.